Commission Status Tumblr ETSY Facebook
USE DOWNLOAD BUTTON TO SEE FULL SIZED PATTERN
I made this pattern quite long time ago and i forgot to publish, so there you go now!
Finn's Hat is made of two layers of fabric - the inner and outer one. I used polar fleece but you can use anything else you consider appealing, for example minky would work really great.
Let's start with outer layer:
1. take one normal and one reversed piece of the pattern (side of a hat) and sew grey and violet lines together
2. then take the remaining piece of pattern (round shape, top of a hat) and sew it together with previous pieces (red lines to red lines, blue lines to blue lines)
Outer layer should be finished, now the inner part:
3. [optional but it's better to do this] cut the "horns" part off remaining pattern pieces (so on the side-hat pattern there should be a straight line on top of it and top-hat pattern should be a circle)
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 (NOTE: It's good to leave a little bigger seam allowance when sewing the top part, so both layers fit nicely ^^)
5. Take both parts (inner and outer) and turn them "inside-out".
6. Sew them together (blue line), remember to leave a small hole and turn it again to the right side.
7. Take some stuffing and put it inside the "horns" through the hole you left.
8. Close the hole.
You can use some thin rope to tie the hat on your head (i used shoe laces).
I hope i explained it clear enough ^^" Sorry for my english though, if there's something you don't understand, let me know. I'll try to make some pictures and extra comments~